COVID-19 Our Position
At The Parks Villages, the health and safety and well being of our residents and staff in our Retirement Communities is our number one priority.
We are closely monitoring the Australian Federal and State Government’s advice around COVID-19 and have taken decisive and comprehensive steps in accordance with this advice to protect our residents and staff members.
Visits to our communities
We understand how important it is for residents to stay connected with loved ones, particularly during this difficult time. Due to the increasing threat to older Australians and in line with advice from the Department of Health, we have been and are constantly reassessing our processes for visitors on almost a daily basis or as circumstances dictate. This is to ensure that we are protecting our residents, our staff and our visitors.
• Communicated with all our Residents and Staff to distill and focus the Government and Health Department messages to ensure Residents and Staff are clear on the direct effects to them.
• Ensured Third-party service providers are also subject to controlled access precautions even if they are providing critical services to the community.
• Limited the number of residents and visitors who can access our community centres, and amenities across our Retirement Living Communities as determined by the State and Territory Government.
We also ask that you refrain from visiting our communities if:
• You have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
• Have had contact with someone who has tested positively for COVID-19.
• You experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, including:
- Runny nose;
- Shortness of breath and/or rapid breathing;
- Sore throat;
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please do not attend our communities and contact your local GP or Health Professional.
We regretfully have decreased the number of external groups visiting our Retirement Living Communities for social activities and events. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Inspection of Homes
We are acting under the specific guidance of the State and Territory authorities with regard to Opening homes for inspection. In the first instance please phone our sales consultant so we can inform you of the appropriate and current procedure around a home inspection. If we are unable to physically allow you to inspect we are certainly able to provide comprehensive photos and floor plans to enable you to do a virtual inspection.